Welcome to LectServe αlpha!
LectServe is an early version of a tool I'm providing to the Church to quickly find lectionary readings for a given day.
The backend supports both the Revised Common Lectionary and the ACNA lectionary for Sundays and Red-Letter days. I'm defaulting to the ACNA lectionary because I'm Anglican, but you can use the RCL if you would like.
The daily lectionary backend currently only supports the ACNA lectionary, but more are planned.
Nota bene: This software is shared in alpha quality. That's before beta! API endpoints and JSON payloads will change and things will shift around unexpectedly.
All endpoints return JSON. Optionally, the argument ?lect=acna or ?lect=rcl can be given to each endpoint to specify the lectionary you wish to use for Sundays and Red-Letter days. /today and /date can take the argument dailyLect=? with the values acna-sec or acna-xian respectively for the current ACNA daily lectionary based on the civil calendar or the previous daily lectionary based on the liturgical calendar. The default lectionaries are the ACNA Sunday and Daily (Civil-based).
- Returns the lectionary payload for today's date. "Today" is relative to the server LectServe is running on. Presently, the server is sitting in Virginia, but I'm not sure if it's running on EST or GMT.
- Returns the Sunday-only lectionary payload for the upcoming Sunday relative to "today".
- Returns the lectionary payload for the given date. Date is given in four-digit year [yyyy], two-digit month [mm], and two digit day [dd] annotation with dashes between units. Christmas Day in 2016 would be given as /date/2016-12-25, for example.
Behind the scenes all the hard work of finding our place in the lectionary is handled by the Date::Lectionary & Date::Lectionary::Daily modules and three helper modules Date::Advent, Date::Easter, and Date::Lectionary::Time.
- LectServe 1.20180422
- Date::Lectionary v1.20180418
- Date::Lectionary::Daily v1.20180418
- Date::Lectionary::Time v1.20180418
This API and all the supporting infrastructure is supported and maintained by me in my free time. Please log issues for the lectionary content or day determination logic to the Date::Lectionary or Date::Lectionary::Daily projects on GitHub. Issues for this API and website can be logged to the LectServe project, also on GitHub.
Updates about issues, downtime, new features, etc. will be shared on our Twitter account.
A huge thanks and much gratitude to my lovely wife, Jennifer, and my beautiful daughter, Rosemary, for letting me spend some of my free time working on this project!
Above all, Soli Deo Gloria!